Content marks the backbone of any marketing strategy, campaign, or plan for any business or organisation. Without the production of quality content that is efficiently streamlined with brand vision and ideology, a brand cannot market their product or service in a way that it reaches millions of people without causing any miscommunication or spread of misinformation.
The world of marketing has evolved and revolved around content since very primitive times. Gradually, with the advent of social media and the fast adaptation of the medium, brands realised the importance of not just written but also audio-visual content that go hand in hand to produce effective brand marketing campaigns.
On-demand content services to drive marketing
In India, on-demand entertainment services based on written, audio, and video content are nearing a tipping point. Even though the traction for both on-demand content and streaming material has reached an all-time high, a highly promising supply-side ecosystem for such kind of content is emerging, with numerous companies establishing digital services.
Some of the on-demand content services after the Covid-era include:
1. Content Creators
2. Content Aggregators
3. Labels and Publishers (Right holders)
4. ATL – TV, print, radio partners BTL – digital campaign partners
5. Search engine marketing
6. Mediation platforms / PR agencies
Content is no more specific to print or television but today, it can be harnessed on social media, OTT platforms, digital media, podcasts, and much more. The plethora of options available to disseminate content adds to the reason why versatility and uniqueness in any brand’s content have become the need of the hour.
Evolving scenarios for content marketing
Unlike the earlier times when brands advertised/promoted themselves on print platforms or hour-long TV programmes, today the shelf life for any form of content is minimised to a few seconds or minutes. Social media has such a vast pool of content for the audience that every content uploaded on any social media channel only forms the part of floating content. The need for content to go viral has arisen from the demand for larger shelf life for the content.
Talking about the digital space, news articles and advertisements on the web form part of a very vast content pool, and hence the content must be created keeping in mind the reader’s mindset.
Basics of creating marketing content in the Covid-era
1. Most importantly, do not leverage Covid as an opportunity to create fear in the minds of the audience to sell your products or services. This is completely unethical and must be avoided by all brands.
2. Create content that provides solutions to an existing problem. Promotional content attracts less attention as compared to content that solves an issue or problem.
3. Make sure that you deliver the right message to the audience. For instance, if you are a vegan brand, ensure that your messaging reflects the same and also at no instance even if unintentionally, you drift from your ideology while delivering content.
Content has the power to create an ever-lasting impact on your target audience. The key is to ensure that you are consistent and streamlined in your content marketing approaches.